FortisBC Furnace Replacement Program
To celebrate Earth Week, FortisBC will be launching both Programs on April 22nd, and we want to ensure you had a ‘heads-up’. NOTE: The TLC Program rebate will be in the form of a $25 rebate cheque NOT a Save-on-Foods card, as in past Programs.
Important details on changes to the 2013 Furnace Replacement Pilot Program
To ensure our customers have the best possible experience, and to increase the proportion of early rather than emergency replacements, FortisBC have revised the program based on evaluation and your feedback. Customers participating in the program will require a PRE-QUALIFICATION code; additional details are noted below.
Please carefully review the following information:
- $800 customer rebate (one per account holder)
- $50 contractor incentive (for each eligible unit sold)
- Pre-Qualification Codes available until July 1, 2013
- Furnace/boiler must be purchased, installed and paid in full between April 22 and August 30, 2013
- Completed applications must be emailed or postmarked by midnight August 30, 2013
New for 2013 – Pre-qualification code required , available online or by phone from FortisBC. In order to help customers get their rebate processed more efficiently and reduce declined applications, FortisBC are introducing a simple pre-qualification process.
Customers must indicate that their furnace/boiler is in working condition, and confirm that they understand other key program terms. A pre-qualification code with an application form will be emailed or mailed directly to the customer. A “SAMPLE” application form is attached FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
NOTE: The customer must include a valid pre-qualification code with their application form in order to qualify for the rebate.
- Customers must first obtain a pre-qualification code at fortisbc.com/furnace or by calling 1-800-663-8400
- Limit of one code per account holder
- Codes are available between April 22 and July 1, 2013
- Application forms are only available to customer who successfully complete the pre-qualification process
To qualify for the rebate, the heating system must be listed on the eligible product directories at FortisBC.com/furnace or with Natural Resources Canada http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/pml-lmp/index.cfm?action=app.welcome-bienvenue and must be:
- An ENERGY STAR qualified natural gas furnace rated 95 percent AFUE or higher
- An ENERGY STAR qualified natural gas boiler rated 94 percent AFUE or higher
- An ENERGY STAR qualified natural gas combination boiler system used for both space and domestic hot water heating rated 94 percent AFUE or higher
- A natural gas furnace specifically designed for mobile homes listed with Natural Resources Canada: http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/residential/personal/retrofit/14108
- New heating system must be the primary heating system for the home in which it is installed.
- Heat pump systems and systems where the natural gas furnace/boiler is used as a secondary or back up heating system are NOT eligible for rebates
- Emergency replacements or furnaces/boilers requiring repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax dollars including parts and labour) are NOT eligible
Furnace Replacement Pilot Program Call-In Information Session
We would like to invite you to a special Furnace Replacement Pilot Information session on Thursday, April 17th . Contractor Program Members can simply call in to the number which will be provided, and a FortisBC representative will walk-through the pre-qualification process and answer questions.